Gas and belching during pregnancy are one of the most common problems that arise at this stage. About the time the nausea and vomiting hit. As you well know, there are many of the symptoms that you will feel, as a general rule. So you don't have to worry about it, much less be ashamed.
Although it is true that they can start during the first weeks, you may see an increase in them in the second trimester. But it is true that we cannot generalize because it is not given equally to all women, as if it were an exact rule. Do you want to know what causes gas and burping or discover how to eliminate them?
Table of Contents
What causes gas and burping during pregnancy?
As the baby grows, the space in your belly narrows. Then, your bowels fill up and digestion can become more irregular, leaving you gassy and bloated. In other words, It will be caused by the pressure exerted by the uterus on the intestines.. Due to this growth, it is slightly displaced upwards and of course, also to the sides. So this movement and pressure, which we've mentioned, generates the gases. It must be said that when we are pregnant we are like a walking hormone. That is why in this case it will be progesterone that causes flatulence to appear. Since if it increases, intestinal transit is reduced. Sometimes, it is true that we can feel some pain and it is motivated by these causes and because the gases are not expelled in the correct way.
How to know if the pains are gas?
With these types of topics, it is not always possible to generalize. Because it is true that there are always cases for all tastes. But we can say that, during the first trimester, it is common to feel a little discomfort throughout the abdomen area. But in the following trimesters, the pain will be concentrated on both sides of the belly. By the third trimester, you may also feel pressure under your diaphragm. It is true that any type of pain can worry us and therefore, you should consult your gynecologist. Even so, it does not hurt to know these details to always keep it in mind.
How to remove gas and belching?
Now that we know the causes and what causes this discomfort or pain, we wonder how we can remedy them.
- Try to eat in small portions even if several times a day. Always chew each bite well.
- You should avoid certain foods which are already known as flatulent. Some of the most common are cabbage, chickpeas, broccoli, beans, and even Brussels sprouts. It is true that if one day you feel like it, we will not be the ones to tell you otherwise.
- Avoid, as far as possible, all kinds of fried food as well as carbonated soft drinks. If they are not advisable in themselves, at this time of our lives, even less so.
- walk a little every day, whenever your doctor considers it so. Above all, it is good after dinner, because it will facilitate digestion and this translates into less gas and belching. About 20 minutes will be more than enough.
- Remember slightly raise your legs when you lie downwill also help you. Because it's a way to relieve some of the pressure on your intestines.
- More fiber and more water They are also two other steps that you should take into account.
- Avoid chewing gum and also drink through straws or straws. Since it is said that both favor the formation of gases.
heartburn in pregnancy
As if that were not enough to have gases and belches, heartburn can also appear in pregnancy. Which leads us to talk about another of the most typical but still quite annoying problems. In this case we have to mention progesterone again: when it increases, the area that joins the esophagus with the stomach relaxes more than necessary. This causes food to mix and rise with gastric juices. Although it can also be due to the pressure exerted by the uterus on the stomach. To do this, in addition to following the steps mentioned above, you should avoid going to bed right after eating. It is best to digest while sitting or walking. Although if you see that nothing works for you, then you should consult it yourself that your doctor can give you an envelope or pill that relieves the symptoms.
What does the baby feel when the mother has gas?
Although for us it is quite annoying, the baby may not know anything. It's more, they will not affect you in case you feel them and if this happens, they will come to you in the form of a distant sound. So, in this case we have nothing to fear. Of course, you should avoid the foods mentioned and all those that cause gas, but you should never eat in the correct and balanced way. Since both you and your baby need to have all the nutritional values.
Be the first to comment